5 things I am grateful for from 2017 – there are many more but here are a five.
1. Brinks life! What a gift, so many odds up against him but he is still here, and his heart is remarkably strong (says cardiologist) We started 2017 out with the discovery of his heart defect and now we are finishing the year with a happy resilient boy. One thing for sure is that he is a fighter and God has been so good to us – what a gift He has given to us.
2. Our family has been INCREDIBLE, I can’t imagine going through this life without both sides of our family. The love and support they give so generously overwhelms me. We are beyond blessed to be so close to our families.
3. Friends! We have the most incredible friends who are basically family. You know who you are. They truly got us through some tough times with their prayers, support, and love. Many of these friends were developed through our church community and just like our family I can’t imagine life without them.
4. Bay and her go with the flow spirit, she has been such a trooper throughout this journey we have been on with brink. She goes to every Doctor appointment and even this last time we were in the ER she sat with him and comforted him when he was crying, she’s such a great big sister.
5. Long Beach – I love long beach! It has been so fun getting to know this city and the people in it. I am very grateful God has us here and we are able to raise our kids in this city. It is such a diverse melting pot and we are learning so much. We are also drinking a lot of amazing coffee. Side note, we got a fancy set up to make pour overs for Christmas from matts parents so I feel like we are officially apart of the hipster coffee community.
5 things I want to do more of for 2018
1. Cook – nuff said
2. Travel – little trips, big trips.
3. Write – consistent blog posts. My heart is to have a place to connect and be real!
4. Act – One of my many passions but one of my first, will be doing lots of it in 2018.
5. Be still – I think we all need more of this, I know I do.